+0

I agree that CSS should be preferred for HTML and, in general, I'm in
favour of removing seldom used/broken bits of functionality which don't
warrant the cost of keeping them around, but I don't know enough about it
nor how often XPath is currently used by people to say +1 for this yet.

Maybe worth deprecating it and emailing the user mailing list to see the
reaction?

Graham