GitHub user dfa1 opened a pull request:

    https://github.com/apache/jmeter/pull/376

    Logging of JUnitSampler exceptions

    ## Description
    Logging of any non-assert exception generated inside a test.

    ## Motivation and Context
    The main motivation is to speedup fixing of errors inside test methods.  We
have a big test suite that
    is run using the JUnitSampler using this pattern:

    ```java
    private final Logger logger = LoggerFactory.getLogger(getClass());

    @Test
    public void testName() {
        try {
           // test body
        } catch (Exception ex) {
            logger.warn("caught exception", ex);
            throw ex;
       }
    }
    ```

    With this change the code would be simpler:

    ```java
    @Test
    public void testName() {
         // test body
    }

    ```

    ## How Has This Been Tested?
    Still to be tested. Since we are using jmeter-maven-plugin, we need to
install the JMeter core in the local maven repository. There is a quick way to
do this using ant?

    ## Types of changes
    - New feature (non-breaking change which adds functionality)

    ## Checklist:
    - [x] My code follows the [code style][style-guide] of this project.
    - [ ] I have updated the documentation accordingly.

    [style-guide]: https://wiki.apache.org/jmeter/CodeStyleGuidelines

    $ git pull https://github.com/dfa1/jmeter log_junitsampler_exceptions

    https://github.com/apache/jmeter/pull/376.patch

    This closes #376

----
commit 03e94e29c641d2e5b4aa509534993b3c4b654ed2