Github user FSchumacher commented on the issue:

    https://github.com/apache/jmeter/pull/438

    > Hi Felix,
    > Since you're working on this.
    > I see that when when we use openjdk11, we have those warnings:
    >
    > warning: [options] bootstrap class path not set in conjunction with
-source 8

    > Shouldn't we set source and target to 11 ?
    > Regards

    Well, as long as we are on Java 8 as minimum version, we should compile
with something, that is *compatible*. That probably means:

     * set the bootstrap class to a JDK from version 8 as shown on
https://ant.apache.org/manual/Tasks/javac.html#bootstrap
     * use a JDK 8 to compile and run the the tests with newer versions

    But for this PR I am happy to have included the EA builds (even if they are
failing right now)

---