Hi,
For me JMeter is only in java for the main functionalities including
the groups of threads and I do not appreciate that we add kotlin
language to the project.
First line of the Jmeter overview :  “ The Apache JMeter™ application
is open source software, a 100% pure Java application “

Adding so many additional libraries just to display graphs lines seems
disproportionate to me.

 Personally I never use the throughput computation functionalities
because it is quite difficult to understand, it does not work when
there are optional calls (IF).

I use the notion of PACING which is much easier and which exists in
other performance testing tools.
The pacing is the minimum duration before doing a new iteration.
With the pacing there is a calculation to add a dynamic wait pause in
order to reach the duration of the pacing.
Eg : Pacing 2min, iteration duration until last sampler 1min45sec, the
dynamic wait pause will be 15 sec.

For me this feature is too impacting on current developments (kotlin, libs SVG).

I don't think this feature should be added in this state in the code of JMeter

The classic Thread group should not be deprecated either because it
suits me for my needs.

Regards.

Vincent DABURON

JMeter user since 2004 and testing professional