> What bothers me is that these plugins no longer work for me.

Would you please clarify what is your suggestion then?

----

I would say the release version is 5.6, which means "it brings new
features when compared with 5.5".
A general expectation is that new features might somehow break old code.
In other words, if we released 5.5.1, then it would be truly
unexpected to break something.

However, even with 5.6, we try our best to keep backward
compatibility. That is why I do not like to put a big warning
like "retest everything, we made a major rewrite" and so on.
The version is compatible with 5.5, and the incompatibility comes from
the fact that the said http2 plugin relies on the non-private,
internal state
of JMeter. We never promised to keep that private state intact, and we
have no means to predict that some of the plugins would rely on
private APIs.

At the same time, we can't wait forever.
JMeter 5.6 was discussed long ago, the checkboxes have been integrated
on the 6th of June, and 5.6 rc1 was shared on 17th of June.
I believe there was plenty of time to check the compatibility, and
release fixes.

The ones who have spare time and the ones who care could probably
follow up with the teams who maintain http2 plugin.

Vladimir