Hi Folks,
One of the things about our Jira instance, is that it is hosted by and at
the ASF. Therefore all correspondence is always available to the ASF.
If Github were ever to vanish, we would essentially loose all of the
correspondence for all of the tickets issues created over there.
Typically what I, and every other Apache project I am aware of does, is to
first open a ticket in Jira, then just title your pull request commit
message after the Jira ticket.
This way we also have comprehensive release reports, assignees, road maps,
etc etc etc.
I would like to suggest that we start using Jira in this manner as recently
I've not really seen any tickets go in there.
What do you think about this?
Lewis

--
*Lewis*