> On Dec 12, 2016, at 3:04 PM, Aliaksei Rudak <alru...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> 1) If English-German pair will be recompiled to German-English (vice-versa)
> do I need a separate instance to process back translation ? Or they can work
> in one instance in both directions ?

A whole new model needs to be trained. You need a separate model for each
direction.
> 2) Are there any documents about how to recompile model to work vice-versa
> from German-English to English-German ?
>
> At this page under the “Project Info” title links “Community page” and
> “Current Documentation” not working
>
> http://incubator.apache.org/projects/joshua.html
> <http://incubator.apache.org/projects/joshua.html>
This document on running the pipeline:

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=65871630
> 3) Are there ways of increasing translation quality without changing
> (extending) language model?
>
> At this page under “How do I make Joshua produce better results? at second
> option (Joshua directly) link not working
>
> http://joshua.incubator.apache.org/6.0/faq.html
> <http://joshua.incubator.apache.org/6.0/faq.html>
Yes but it's complicated. The best way is to add data, but there are lots of
other models and parameter variations that could be tried.

> 4) How can I reduce the amount of memory each language pair instance use
> without losing process speed and quality?

If you can find German–French parallel data, use that. Otherwise, pivot through
another language.