This is definitely a good idea. Many of these branches are dead and are
unlikely to contain much that can be merged in, and are therefore probably best
deleted. The plan for 7 was a big simplification of much of the guts, but with
the transition to neural approaches in the research community, this is unlikely
to be done unless it finds a new champion.