I committed (and merged" a fix for JRUBY-4677 in 323ba1e. For those of
you who don't have all ~5000 JRuby bugs memorized, this is the issue
where "rescue Exception" did not rescue non-Ruby Java exceptions. The
fix works like it should, capturing Java exceptions for any rescue
Exception, but it worries me in various ways because it changes the
contract of "rescue Exception" by allowing objects that don't extend
Ruby's "Exception" class to be caught.

So I'd like some eyes on this. I'd especially appreciate anyone that
can try to find ways to break it or cause it to interfere with JRuby's
normal execution in some way.

For the git-newbs, you can review it easily with "git show 323ba1e",
or go to github and browse to that commit.

I really appreciate any help y'all can provide. I think this is a
pretty important bug.

- Charlie