Here's my concerns:

* We've already started moving our build into Rake a bit by bit, and
the bootstrapping question becomes apparent very quickly. In other
words, we need JRuby (or Ruby) to run Buildr/Rake, but need
Buildr/Rake to build JRuby.
* Our Ant build has been a bitch to maintain, but now that it works
pretty much everyone can build out of the box. That's very valuable.

I would guess that Buildr would make our Maven nonsense easier, and
maybe even allow us to yank out of our src the libraries that can be
directly fetched from Maven (like we have experimented with using Ivy
in the past), so that's definitely a bonus. And of course not having
to maintain the Ant script is a benefit in any case.

I am interested in hearing other opinions.

- Charlie