Tom: Maybe you can do some verification that "mvn package ; ant dist"
produces the right artifacts?

I think our best path forward would be to switch over to mvn as soon
as possible and slowly start dropping ant stuff as we confirm it's
working. But getting it in place and using it day today sooner will
avoid any rush at the end to fix things.

- Charlie