The maven build is now installed and we're iterating on fixing and
improving it, so I thought I'd start a new thread.

Recent updates:

* sonatype snapshot repo added to pom, and appears to be working for
jnr-posix 3.0.1-SNAPSHOT
* openssl and readline (built as separate jars) moved to their own
maven builds under ext
* java target and source versions fixed to 1.6 (fixed a travis build issue)
* christian added as jruby-core committer to continue helping

OK! So, here's new issues to work out. I'll be futzing with some of
these today on my flight.

* From old jar building: install spi services stuff under meta-inf
* From old test runs: compile test files. I'm hoping these can be run
as part of the maven build and we won't actually need to add them to
the rake test runs (i.e. these can be our smoke tests during
packaging)
* Eliminate build_lib artifacts. I've started removing references to
build_lib but have not removed most jars yet.
* dist confirmation: need to confirm dist artifacts are building properly
* cext as its own submodule: I think we should move cext to its own
ext/ module like openssl and readline rather than move out of the repo
entirely (for now)
* psych as its own module: this is going to be merged into upstream
psych gem soon so we need to start building it as a separate jar

Things are coming together :-)

- Charlie