Thanks for your help, Charles.

It seems that when I run the interpreter, RUBY_VERSION is set to 2.0,
based on my .jrubyrc (which has "compat.version=2.0"), but when I run
the compiler, it's set to 1.9.3. So, I suppose that setting isn't
being used by the compiler -- at least, not when run with the jrubyc
script. I'm not sure where compiler configuration takes place.

-Jon