Hi!

(last e-mail today, promise)

At work we've built a POC regarding a tool to generate some static sites.
We're automating JBake site's generation from some assets, templates and
markdown content (b/c JBake understands markdown). For content authors we
were looking for a good web-based contents-editor, with versioning
capabilities, visually appealing, integrated with our ldap... Something
like JSPWiki O:-) but supporting markdown.

Given that current master allows switching parsers/renderers, I've been
going at work with some customizations we needed to use JSPWiki for this
POC, whenever I've could look at the POC. Most of them are specific to our
infrastructure (workflows, page storage), but the Markdown support is
pretty agnostic to us so I asked if I could move it to JSPWiki, and I got
my ok :-)

In order to simplify things regarding code transfer I'll be putting it on a
personal github repo (my company is already ok with that), AL licensed. I
have to extract it from our current code-base, so it maybe some days until
I put it on a github repo for review prior to bringing in to master, but
this is a heads up.

Regarding the maturity of the development
* it is POC level, meaning is working and stable, but not feature complete.
It's enough to demonstrate that JSPWiki can parse/render Markdown, but
there are some rough edges
** JSPWikiMarkupParser does a lot of things (f.ex. generates a hash with a
link for all headings) that I might overlooked so there might be differences
** No toolbar support on editors (especially on plain editor). Current
toolbars aren't thought with multiple parsers on mind, and as the POC
end-users are more than capable of writing markdown with their bare hands
:-) I've preferred to focus on working the parser and the renderer than on
this. In order to be feature complete, this should be done, and I haven't
thought on a way of doing it yet, so any idea would be more than welcome
O:-) (probably extending the parsers with a new method to expose the markup
associated which each toolbar button, and present it through a new JSP or
who knows how)
* The parsing / rendering is handled with Flexmark (markdown parser, AL
licensed) and some extensions. It requires Java 7 (we are on Java 6). Time
to think on 2.11 O:-)?

br,
juan pablo