Hi Murray,

I think it's a valid point, we discussed it on the dev list but people
migrating don't have to have readed it..
I've added a prominent section noting this at
https://jspwiki-wiki.apache.org/Wiki.jsp?page=NewIn2.11

Also, the relevant key at jspwiki.properties is already stating the allowed
values, see:
https://github.com/apache/jspwiki/blob/master/jspwiki-main/src/main/resources/ini/jspwiki.properties#L292-L297

Originally, the default template folder was to be called haddock, to ease
transitioning from 2.10. One of the advantages
of having the haddock template as default is that you can create your
template with only the files you want to modify.
Those files will "override" the default template ones, whereas the rest
will be readed from the default one. So you can
create new templates by modifying a few files.

Also, because of this, some files are expected to be on the default folder
(they're hardcoded values on 210, and on java
code), so keeping the haddock folder would mean having part of the template
on one folder and the rest on another, plus
we'd lose the ability of overwritting templates..

TLDR; given that we could break backwards compatibility, it was easier to
have the haddock template folder renamed to
default, as we thought it was prone to less errors than the alternatives.

Hope is enough to make you reconsider the vote.

best regards,
juan pablo