Hi Dirk!,

I've been looking at the source, and I'm not sure I'm following.
Wiki.Snip.js seems to be responsible of the wiki syntax displayed by
the editor, right?

I was thinking of providing one Wiki.Snip.js via
wiki:IncludeResources. The specific file would be selected depending
on a property on jspwiki-custom.properties file, something like

<%
final String editor = engine.getWikiProperties().get(
"jspwiki.syntax.editor" ); // or default to something
%>
[...]
<script type="text/javascript">//<![CDATA[
<wiki:IncludeResources type="editor"/>
<%-- outputs something like
Wiki.Snips = {... }
--%>
//]]></script>

In order to be loaded through wiki:IncludeResources, current
Wiki.Snip.js file would move to the jspwiki-main module, being
minified there; the jspwiki-markdown module would also hold a
Markdown.Wiki.Snip.js, following the same structure, but with Markdown
snippets.

Other 3rd party syntax extensions would hold their js file too, but
only one would be loaded, based on a property on
jspwiki-custom.properties file. This "pluggability" would be the
important thing to me when implementing support for other wiki
syntaxes, so there's no need to overwrite JSPs or provide templates
that overwrite a few JSPs for markdown (or other wiki syntaxes).

That's was what I was heading, and I still have to make a POC to see
if this is feasible (I think it should, but have to make the POC).

Re-reading your e-mail, it seems that your approach is different.
Given that you know way more on the editor / js in general, I feel
your approach is most probably the way to go. How would the wiki
syntax displayed by the editor be chosen?

best regards,
juan pablo