Hi guys, i was wondering what will be the best way to provide delivery
guarantee service by using an async producer in kafka 0.7.2.
I want my service to be ready to support kafka downtimes for at least 12
hours so i would like to aggregate logs locally into some failover spool
and then rerun them when kafka goes up. The code is basically ready but i
find a hard way to be notified whenever an async operation fails.

I have seen the code and i can only be notified for two things (Which is
correct because are not related to the sending mechanism itself becausae it
happens in an async way):
2) Whenever a queue is full:

 throw new QueueFullException("Event queue is full of unsent messages,
could not send event: " + event.toString)

1) Whenever the producer is closed

  if(closed.get)
      throw new QueueClosedException("Attempt to add event to a closed queue.")

Its obvious an async operation whould only notify the client in an async
way so i thought that the callback handler would provide me with a method
that indicates some failure with a set of messages.

What are the options here?

Thanks in advance,
Bests,
Alan.