git checkout -b 0.8.1

Didn't work. This just checks out trunk on a local branch called 0.8.1. I'd
like to checkout the branch origin/0.8.1 and push the patch to the branch.
For some reason, that doesn't work for me. Joel also tried and didn't work
for him. I wonder if I'm missing something obvious about it, so I guessed
it must be the tag.

Thanks,
Neha