Hi All

I am looking through the Confluent docs and core Kafka docs and don't see
an ACL for group creation:
https://docs.confluent.io/current/kafka/authorization.html#acl-format
and
https://kafka.apache.org/documentation/#security_authz

My scenario is simple: We use the consumer group as the means of
identifying a single application, including tooling for managing
application resets, offset management, lag monitoring, etc. We often have
situations where someone resets their consumer group by appending an
incremented integer ("cg" to "cg1"), but it throws the rest of the
monitoring and management tooling out of whack.

Is there a reason why we do not have ACL-based CREATE restrictions to a
particular consumer group? I am willing to do the work to implement this
and test it out, but I wanted to validate that there isn't a reason I am
missing.

Thanks
Adam