Hi Matthias,

I have checked the KIP-399 and the discussion and also KIP-210.

So the question we need to answer is whether it's okay to also skip writing the record in the internal topics, the current implementation of 'ProductionExceptionHandler' is applied for all topics and if we decided to keep it that way, how to ensure that there will be no divergence in local store and changelog topic ?

I would like to get input from others on what they think about this.

There is a point I don't understand which is: why in case of a serialization error do we have the choice of either skipping it or putting in the store ? shouldn't the record be correctly serialized before putting it into the store ?

Alaa.