Hi,

I probably found a bug in TopologyTestDriver for quite non-trivial Kafka
Streams topology.

The streaming logic is the following: There is a concept of children and
parents. Children are aggregated under parent. Some children of master
parent can send poison pills to other parents. Such parents die but already
aggregated kids should go then to the master. Application remembers killed
parents in a local store. If a new kid comes, the store is checked and then
kid is rerouted to the master.

I'm using intermediate topics in my topology as well as sometimes
tombstones.

Here is Gradle (Java 11 + Kotlin) based project which demonstrate the
issue: https://github.com/czterocyty/kafka_streams_test_case

You can see that few tests fail there as I expect that latest output Parent
records have the latest generation.

So seems that TopologyTestDriver does not care about the order of output
records.

Best regards,
Adam DomaƄski