Hi all,

I would like to do another modification to the proposal. In the proposal,
the OffsetDeleteResponse
doesn't have a top level error field so I would like to add one. Many
errors concern the whole
group (e.g. GROUP_ID_NOT_FOUND) so it would be great to have a way to
communicate them
back to the client without having to set such errors for all the requested
partitions. It makes the
error handling on the client easier and cleaner.

*Proposed API with the ErrorCode:*
{
  "apiKey": 47,
  "type": "response",
  "name": "OffsetDeleteResponse",
  "validVersions": "0",
  "fields": [
    { "name": "ErrorCode", "type": "int16", "versions": "0+",
      "about": "The top-level error code, or 0 if there was no error." },
    { "name": "ThrottleTimeMs",  "type": "int32",  "versions": "0+",
"ignorable": true,
      "about": "The duration in milliseconds for which the request was
throttled due to a quota violation, or zero if the request did not violate
any quota." },
    { "name": "Topics", "type": "[]OffsetDeleteResponseTopic", "versions":
"0+",
      "about": "The responses for each topic.", "fields": [
        { "name": "Name", "type": "string", "versions": "0+", "mapKey":
true,
          "about": "The topic name." },
        { "name": "Partitions", "type": "[]OffsetDeleteResponsePartition",
"versions": "0+",
          "about": "The responses for each partition in the topic.",
"fields": [
            { "name": "PartitionIndex", "type": "int32", "versions": "0+",
"mapKey": true,
              "about": "The partition index." },
            { "name": "ErrorCode", "type": "int16", "versions": "0+",
              "about": "The error code, or 0 if there was no error." }
          ]
        }
      ]
    }
  ]
}

I would like to know if there are any concerns or objections regarding this
change before updating the KIP.

Best,
David