Hello Kafka users, developers and client-developers,

This is the first candidate for release of Apache Kafka 2.3.1 which
includes many bug fixes for Apache Kafka 2.3.

Release notes for the 2.3.1 release:

https://home.apache.org/~davidarthur/kafka-2.3.1-rc0/RELEASE_NOTES.html

*** Please download, test and vote by Wednesday, September 18, 9am PT

Kafka's KEYS file containing PGP keys we use to sign the release:

https://kafka.apache.org/KEYS

* Release artifacts to be voted upon (source and binary):

https://home.apache.org/~davidarthur/kafka-2.3.1-rc0/

* Maven artifacts to be voted upon:

https://repository.apache.org/content/groups/staging/org/apache/kafka/

* Javadoc:

https://home.apache.org/~davidarthur/kafka-2.3.1-rc0/javadoc/

* Tag to be voted upon (off 2.3 branch) is the 2.3.1 tag:

https://github.com/apache/kafka/releases/tag/2.3.1-rc0

* Documentation:

https://kafka.apache.org/23/documentation.html

* Protocol:

https://kafka.apache.org/23/protocol.html

* Successful Jenkins builds for the 2.3 branch:

Unit/integration tests: https://builds.apache.org/job/kafka-2.3-jdk8/

System tests: https://jenkins.confluent.io/job/system-test-kafka/job/2.3/119

We have yet to get a successful unit/integration job run due to some flaky
failures. I will send out a follow-up email once we have a passing build.

Thanks!

David