From: Rabi Kumar K C
Sent: Monday, October 7, 2019 4:50 PM
To: dev@kafka.apache.org
Subject: RE: [DISCUSS] KIP-530:
Considerrenaming'UsePreviousTimeOnInvalidTimeStamp'
classto'UsePartitionTimeOnInvalidTimeStamp'

Hi Bruno,

Thank You for your suggestions. I have made necessary changes in KIP and
hopefully it’s fine now and if not then please do let me know.

To answer your question 4)
right now in trunk we can see that extract method is not present in
UsePreviousTimeOnInvalidTimestamp instead it implements onInvalidTimestamp
which is abstract method of super class  ExtractRecordMetadataTimestamp. I have
only seen extract() method in ExtractRecordMetadataTimestamp. Please do correct
me if I am wrong.

And yes I do agree with you on 5) the deprecation part for compatibility,
deprecation and migration plan

With Best Regards,
Rabi Kumar K C
Sent from Mail for Windows 10