Thanks Xavier.

I really like this proposal. Collecting JMX metrics in clusters with
100K partitions was nearly impossible due to the design of JMX and the
single lock mechanism. Yammer's limitations meant that any metric we
reported was exposed via JMX, so we couldn't have cheaper reporters
export one set of metrics, and JMX export another.

Your proposal looks like a great way to lift this limitation and give
us more flexibility in reporting metrics.

Gwen