Hey Viktor. Thanks for the KIP!

> We will introduce two new configs in order to eventually replace
*.replication.throttled.rate.
Just to clarify, you mean to replace said config in the context of
reassignment throttling, right? We are not planning to remove that config

And also to clarify, *.throttled.replicas will not apply to the new
*reassignment* configs, correct? We will throttle all reassigning replicas.
(I am +1 on this, I believe it is easier to reason about. We could always
add a new config later)

I have one comment about backwards-compatibility - should we ensure that
the old `*.replication.throttled.rate` and `*.throttled.replicas` still
apply to reassigning traffic if set? We could have the new config take
precedence, but still preserve backwards compatibility.

Thanks,
Stanislav

--
Best,