Hey Noa,

KIP-436 added a JMX metric in Kafka for this exact use-case, called
`start-time-ms`. Perhaps it would be useful to name this public interface
in the same way for consistency.

Could you update the KIP to include the specific RPC changes regarding the
metadata request/responses? Here is a recent example of how to portray the
changes -
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/KAFKA/KIP-525+-+Return+topic+metadata+and+configs+in+CreateTopics+response

Thanks,
Stanislav!