Hi,

KIP-158 proposed a way to allow source connectors a way to configure their
topics prior to creation. This was discussed, but the vote didn't get
enough commiter votes at the time (though I think a couple of the +1s came
from people who are now committers).

Meanwhile in KIP-382 (MirrorMaker 2.0) Ryanne made a throwaway comment
about possibly proposing a KIP which would provide a generic way for Kafka
Connect to expose AdminClient functionality to connectors, but I don't
think that KIP was ever created.

Is there a current plan about how to bring this functionality to
connectors? If not what's the best way forward, proceed with KIP-158, or
try for something more generic such as could be used by MM2?

Kind regards,

Tom