On Wed, Jan 15, 2020 at 4:36 PM Randall Hauch <rha...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Jan 15, 2020 at 2:05 PM Konstantine Karantasis <
> konstant...@confluent.io> wrote:
>

>> 9. I assumed that partitioning is implied by default, because there's no
>> requirement for complete ordering of topic status records. But I'll add
>> this fact as a separate bullet. The status.storage.topic is already a
>> partitioned topic.
>>

> Agreed. I think it'd be sufficient to simply mention that partition will
> be chosen based upon the active topic records' keys, ensuring that all
> active topic records for the same connector will be written to the same
> partition and will be totally ordered.

Well, my previous statement is not quite right. All topic records for the
same *connector and topic* will be written to the same partition and will
be totally ordered. But as you pointed out, it doesn't really matter, other
than that this feature will work with any # of partitions. The new bullet
you described would be sufficient. :-D