Hi Richard,

Thank you for the KIP.

I agree with John that we should focus on the interface and behavior
change in a KIP. We can discuss the implementation later.

I am also +1 for the survey.

I had a thought about this. Couldn't we consider emit-on-change to be
one config of suppress (like `untilWindowCloses`)? What you basically
propose is to suppress updates if they do not change the result.
Considering emit on change as a flavour of suppress would be more
flexible because it would specify the behavior locally for a KTable
instead of globally for all KTables. Additionally, specifying the
behavior in one place instead of multiple places feels more intuitive
and consistent to me.

Best,
Bruno