Hi Ismael,

I agree that sending these requests through the controller will not work during
the periods when there is no controller.  However, those periods should be
short-- otherwise we have bigger problems in the cluster.

These requests are very infrequent because they are administrative operations.
Basically the affected operations are changing ACLs, changing dynamic
configurations, and changing quotas.

best,
Colin