Hello Gwen,

The purpose here is for maintaining compatibility old clients, who do not
have functionality to do re-routing admin requests themselves. New clients
can of course do this themselves by detecting who's the controller.

Hello Colin / Boyang,

Regarding the usage of the envelope, I'm curious what are the potential
future use cases that would require request forwarding and hence envelope
would be useful? Originally I thought that the forwarding mechanism is only
temporary as we need it for the bridge release, and moving forward we will
get rid of this to simplify the code base. If we do have valid use cases in
the future which makes us believe that request forwarding would actually be
a permanent feature retained on the broker side, I'm on board with adding
the envelope request protocol.

Guozhang

--
-- Guozhang