Hi Colin,

thanks for the kip, lgtm overall with two small comments:

1. you mention kafka-leader-election.sh in the list of tools to remove the
ZooKeeper option from, but I think the command never had that option, as it
was introduced in KIP-460 specifically to replace the deprecated command
with Zookeeper option.

2. You mention kafka-preferred-leader-election.sh which is probably just a
typo and refers to to kafka-preferred-replica-election.sh ?

Best regards,
Sönke

[1]
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/KAFKA/KIP-460%3A+Admin+Leader+Election+RPC