Hello Kafka developers and friends,

We now have a release branch for the 2.6 release. The branch name is "2.6"
and the version will be "2.6.0". Trunk will be shortly be bumped to the
next snapshot version 2.7.0-SNAPSHOT (
https://github.com/apache/kafka/pull/8746).

I'll be going over the JIRAs to move every non-blocker feature from this
release to the next release. If you have any questions or concerns, please
ask on the "Apache Kafka 2.6.0 release" discussion thread.

>From this point, most changes should go to trunk. However, all bug fixes
are still welcome on the release branch until the code freeze on June 10.
After that, only blocker bugs should be merged to the release branch.

Blockers (existing and new that we discover while testing the release) will
be committed to trunk and backported to the 2.6 release branch.

Please discuss with your reviewer whether your PR should go to trunk or to
trunk+release so they can merge accordingly.

As always, please help us test the release!

Thanks!
Randall Hauch