Hi Jun and Anna,

Thank you both for your replies.

Based on our recent discussion, I agree that using a rate is better to
remain
consistent with other quotas. As you both suggested, it seems that changing
the way we compute the rate to better handle spiky workloads and behave a
bit more similarly to the token bucket algorithm makes sense for all quotas
as
well.

I will update the KIP to reflect this.

Anna, I think that we can explain this in this KIP. We can't just say that
the Rate
will be updated in this KIP. I think that we need to give a bit more info.

Best,
David