Hi folks
For
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/KAFKA/KIP-487%3A+Client-side+Automatic+Topic+Creation+on+Producer
 ,  It has not been updated for a long time. And I made some update, which has
been pushed to https://github.com/apache/kafka/pull/8831

MetadataRequest has method Builder(List<String> topics, boolean
allowAutoTopicCreation) by which we can set whether to enable
allowAutoTopicCreation from producer.
By default, allowAutoTopicCreation on Producer is true. And only if when the
allowAutoTopicCreation of Broker and Producer are true, the topic can be
auto-created.

Besides, the test cases are changed:
There are 4 cases for brokerAutoTopicCreationEnable and
producerAutoCreateTopicsPolicy, Check if the topic is created under these four
cases.
     If brokerAutoTopicCreationEnable and producerAutoCreateTopicsPolicy are
true:  assertTrue(topicCreated)
     else : intercept[ExecutionException]

Looking forward to your feedback and comments. Thanks.

Best wishes
Jiamei Xie

medium. Thank you.