Thanks for quick feedback! Ismael

> Are there options with lower impact that still help us achieve the goal for
> those who need it?
> For example, it could be an opt-in thing instead of forcing the world to
> change.

It seems to me there are two alternatives.

1. Introduce an new extended serializer (there is an existent but deprecated
one). if the serializer is extended type, we call new method to get ByteBuffer.
Users who have no interest of ByteBuffer keep using standard Serializer
interface.
2. Don’t deprecate the existent serialize methods. users are not under the
pressure of API migration

--
Chia-Ping