Hi John,

your proposal makes sense! I will update the KIP.

Best,
Bruno

On 01.09.20 17:31, John Roesler wrote:
Hello Bruno,

Thanks for the update! The KIP looks good to me; I only have
a grammatical complaint about the proposed metric name.

"Died" is a verb, the past tense of "to die", but in the
expression,"x stream threads", x should be an adjective. To
be fair, "died" is also the past participle of "to die", and
participles can usually be used as adjectives. Maybe it
sounds wrong to me because there's already a specifically
adjectival form: "dead". So "dead-stream-threads" seems more
natural.

However, I'm not sure if that captures the specific meaning
you're shooting for, namely that the metric counts only the
threads that died exceptionally, vs. from calling
"removeStreamThread()". What do you think of "crashed-
stream-threads" instead?

Thanks,
-John