Hi Everyone,

I'd like to restart the discussion on this. Since the KIP has been revamped
I thought I'd start a new discussion thread.

Link:
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/KAFKA/KIP-567%3A+Kafka+Cluster+Audit

Short summary:
- Would like to introduce a new interface similar to the Authorizer called
Auditor as follows:
    public interface Auditor {
        audit(Request r, AuthorizableRequestContext c, AclOperation
o, Map<ResourcePattern, Boolean> isAllowed, Map<ResourcePattern, Errors>
errors);
    }
- Basically it would pass down the request and the authorization
information to the auditor implementation where various kind of reporting
can be done based on the request.
- A new config would be added called "auditor" which is similar to the
"authorizer" config, but users can pass a list of auditor class names.
- The implementation is expected to be low latency similarly to the
Authorizer.
- A default implementation will be added that logs into a file.

I appreciate any feedback on this.

Best,
Viktor