Hey Justin,

Can you clarify a few things?

- On the first point, the only thing I see is zstd, which we do not, in
fact, ship the library itself, just the jni bindings. Was there anything
else you saw?
- On the second point, I checked the src download from the RC and afaict we
use this header and include validation in the build for at least java files
https://github.com/apache/kafka/commit/d0e436c471ba4122ddcc0f7a1624546f97c4a517.
There are a couple of java files where we maintain in lineage and copyright
information, but in a separate comment where it should be clear that is
what's happening. So I think what you're referring to is mainly some scala
files under the streams/streams-scala package? I think those are probably
crept in via the 2 or 3 original contributors of that code, which started
as an independent Apache licensed project
https://github.com/lightbend/kafka-streams-scala but was merged in. I think
these could be cleaned up similarly to Java examples so lineage/attribution
can be maintained but in a separate comment that makes it clear it's
historical information and not part of the current license for the file.
- On the third point, this does seem to be the case, we only have about 3
dependencies listed there but pull in close to 90 jars (though some of
those jars may be released/licensed together). These should be cleaned up.

-Ewen