Hi all,

Lots of good progress recently towards the 3.0.0 release and given that we
are now a little less than a month away from the first milestone, I wanted
to post a status update and a reminder of the upcoming dates for this major
release.

According to the current release plan for Apache Kafka 3.0.0:

KIP Freeze is 09 Jun 2021

Feature Freeze is 16 Jun 2021

Code Freeze is 30 Jun 2021

and at least two weeks of stabilization will follow Code Freeze.

Since the initial announcement, the list of adopted KIPs targeting 3.0.0
has grown with 10 additional KIPs. Several more are under discussion and
voting.

New KIPs will be accepted up until the KIP Freeze and of course the actual
set of features that will make it to 3.0.0 will be finalized right after
Feature Freeze.

With that in mind, if you want to assist the 3.0.0 release process, please
make sure that the adopted KIPs which you aim to include in this major
release have the right number in the “Release” column of the table in the
KIP wiki and that their respective Jira tickets include 3.0.0 in the "Fix
Version/s" label.

Kafka Improvement Proposals:

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/KAFKA/Kafka+Improvement+Proposals

Release Plan 3.0.0: