Thanks for putting this together, Chris.

Technically, we don't need a new KIP to explicitly remove an API, config,
etc. that was previously deprecated under an earlier approved KIP. But
KIP-174 could have been a bit more explicit (note taken for future KIPs)
that deprecation means "deprecation and future removal", and KIP-738 does
add a nice migration path for anyone stuck using a non-default internal
converter.

So I'm +1 (binding) to just wrap this up and remove these configs.

I'd also point out there is a wiki page [1] and dev discussion thread [2]
highlighting all Connect-related KIPs, including all deprecations. I'll
update that page to include KIP-736, but it'd be great to have more
discussion there.

Randall

[1]
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=177047362