Thanks for the clarifications, that all makes sense.

I'm ready to vote on the KIP, but can you just update the KIP first to
address Bruno's feedback? Ie just fix the tags and fill in the missing
fields.

For example it sounds like these would be thread-level metrics. You should
be able to figure out what the values should be from the KIP-444 doc,
there's a chart with the type and tags for all thread-level metrics.

Not 100% sure what Bruno meant by "group" but my guess would be whether
it's INFO/DEBUG/TRACE. This is probably one of the most important
things to include in a KIP that's introducing new metrics: how big is the
potential performance impact of recording these metrics? How big is the
intended audience, would these be useful to almost everyone or are they
more "niche"?

It sounds like maybe DEBUG would be most appropriate here -- WDYT?

-Sophie