Hi Mickael,

I'm wondering about the use case here. The motivation section states that
"Connect does not provide a way to see what configurations a connector
requires. Instead users have to go look at the connector documentation or
in the worst case, look directly at the connector source code.", and that
with this KIP, "users will be able to discover the required configurations
for connectors installed in a Connect cluster" and "tools will be able to
generate wizards for configuring and starting connectors".

Does the existing "PUT /connector-plugins/{connector-type}/config/validate"
endpoint not address these points? What will the newly-proposed endpoint
allow users to do that they will not already be able to do with the
existing endpoint?

Cheers,

Chris