Hey Nick,

I think you forgot to link to the KIP document, but I take it this is
it: KIP-811:
Add separate delete.interval.ms to Kafka Streams
<https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/x/JY-kCw>

The overall proposal sounds good to me, just a few minor things:

   1. Please specify everything needed to define this config explicitly, ie
   all the arguments that will be passed in to the
   StreamsConfig's ConfigDef: in addition to the default value, we need the
   config type (presumably a Long), the doc
   string, and the importance (probably "low", similar to commit.interval.ms
   )
   2. Might be worth considering a slightly more descriptive name for this
   config. Most users probably don't think about,
   or may not even be aware of, the deletion of consumed records by Kafka
   Streams, so calling it something along
   the lines of "repartition.records.delete.interval.ms" or "
   consumed.records.deletion.interval.ms" or so on will help
   make it clear what the config refers to and whether or not they need to
   care. Maybe you can come up with better
   and/or shorter names, just wanted to suggest some example names that I
   think sufficiently get the point across

Other than that I'm +1 -- thanks for the KIP!

Sophie