Thanks for the RC, David.

I was able to successfully complete the following:

- Installed 3.1.0 RC1 and performed quickstart for broker and Connect
(using Java 17)
- Verified signatures and checksums
- Verified the tag
- Manually compared the release notes to JIRA
- Build release archive from the tag, ran Connect tests, installed
locally, and ran a portion of quickstart
- Manually spotchecked the Javadocs linked above
- Verified the site docs at
https://kafka.apache.org/31/documentation.html has the correct version