Hi everyone,

I'm trying for a while to answer myself a question about what are actually
guarantees for state stores in regards to consistency when connected to
transformers.

I have an application where a single (persistent, rocksdb backed) state
store is connected to multiple transformers. Each transformer might both
read (get) and write (put) data into the state store. All transformers
receive data from multiple input topics in the same way (the same key, same
number of partitions) that before sending it to transformers merged
together.

All transformers are located in the same sub-topology.

What I observed is that even with 0 standby replicas I might get
inconsistent results when querying this state store connected to multiple
transformers. I have 2 instances and metadata on both instances agree on
the active host for this state store and partition, but instance A returns
result X for a partition I and instance B returns result Y for the same
partition I.

Any suggestions if this is a bug or is my assumption incorrect that the
same state store should give the same result for the same key (same
partition) in 2 distinct transformers fed from the same input?

Thanks,
Jiri