Hey,

Thanks for updating the KIP. I think that there are a few more configs
which could
be used. e.g. all the network related configs - they are in both
consumer and admin
configurations as well. Is `session.timeout.ms` relevant in our
context? It does not
seem to be used when querying offsets.

Regarding the usage of `request.timeout.ms` in the KafkaConsumer, it would be
great if we could be clearer in the KIP. When I read "Will use
default.api.timeout.ms
instead of request.timeout.ms , This is a small bug and will be fixed
in a separate PR",
it is not clear what will be fixed where. We could say that the KafkaConsumer is
inconsistent in its usage of the timeouts so the AdminClient will
behave slightly
differently. However, as it seems to be a bug, we will fix the Consumer and we
can add a link to the Jira.

It is important to get this section as clear as possible because this
is where questions
will be.

Cheers,
David