Hi all,

While reviewing my PR for KIP-834, Bruno noticed a case that we may not
have discussed enough.*

During the discussion, we decided that standby tasks would be paused.  In
order to do this, there are changes to the StoreChangelogReader around
where it does restorations.  Bruno noticed that the restoration of active
tasks is not paused in my PR.

>From my point of view, I was hoping to let active tasks restore/consume/etc
in order that the Kafka Streams instance could transition to RUNNING
(assuming that it was started paused).  I believe Bruno's position is that
if we are pausing restoration for standby tasks, then restoration should be
paused for active tasks as well.

Since this point hasn't been discussed like this, the KIP is unclear about
this detail.

What do folks think?

Thanks in advance,

Jim