Hi Chris,

Thanks for the quick response.

> It seems pretty straightforward to get this via client-side filtering

I assume that you meant  GET /collector-plugins + jq filtering on type
attribute.

One issue that I see with that approach is that we cannot filter plugins if
they implement more than one of Converter, HeaderConverter, Sink, Source
interfaces.

The type field in PluginDesc field is set based on the order of enum values
in PluginType -
https://github.com/apache/kafka/blob/22534424d22e5a4d4d512b0ac1b5f312b867a5bf/connect/runtime/src/main/java/org/apache/kafka/connect/runtime/isolation/PluginType.java#L49
.

Eg: org.apache.kafka.connect.json.JsonConverter implements both Converter
and HeaderConverter interfaces, but the type value is always set to
Converter as that value is defined first in PluginType enum.

The new API will list JsonConverter when we query either for
HeaderConverter or Converter plugin types.

Thanks,
Ashwin